httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Peters <...@Jester.CC.MsState.Edu>
Subject Re: More compiler warnings
Date Fri, 22 Mar 1996 14:56:32 GMT
On Fri, 22 Mar 1996, Paul Richards wrote:

> > This one seems to be a Solaris'ism.  I can't find a gethostname
> > prototype in any of the system header files.  I would suggest adding
> > a manual prototype to conf.h.
>
> There's no gethostname in SYSV, it's a BSD call. It only compiles at all
> because SunOS 5.x still ships with a BSD compatibility library.

This is incorrect.  Note that SVR4 != SYSV.

The gethostname call is not in the BSD compatibility library under
solaris, its in libc.  Trust me on this...my porting platform doesn't have
any of the BSD compatibility libraries or software installed at all.

The man page for gethostname gives this prototype:

   int gethostname(char *name, int namelen);