httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Zeus (YAIATFWS)
Date Tue, 19 Mar 1996 19:34:05 GMT
On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, Mark J Cox wrote:
> Some of the features and implementation look vaguely Apache-esque :)

A chunk of that may be due to us - somehow Zeus is tied in with Obsolete, a
UK company which we do a fair amount of business with due to work on the
Levi's web site and hosts the UK mirror of the site.  There's been no end
to the trials and tribulations of making sure that stuff we write and which
works on Apache works as well on Zeus... anyways, the push to support
content negotiation came from us, since con-neg actually works today for
images with most browsers.

Besides, they don't give you source (apparently).  And besides^2, we'll
be on NT soon! :)

	Brian, who can't wait for the Zeus browser...

"Asynchronous in-process DNS lookup allows the server to resolve client
host-names without forking. We also handle contacting the name-server
ourselves in a manner that is much more streamlined than using
gethostbyaddr() system calls."

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/