httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Proxy Module
Date Sat, 30 Mar 1996 22:14:59 GMT
On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I've submitted a megapatch to the proxy module - this supports a multilevel
> cache and adds a new "explanation" facility.
>
> There are still gray areas in the proxy code, some of which I've marked, and
> the explanations are not yet finished.
>
> It'd be nice if someone else would take a look - my brain hurts.

Hmm. I haven't seen a commit mail for this yet... could be you've hit
whatever size limit Brian has majordomo set to require moderator
approval. (your two other mod_proxy patches have arrived)

As for the patch, well... it doesn't compile. Not here.

        gcc -c -O2 -DNO_MMAP -Wall -DHPUX mod_proxy.c
mod_proxy.c: In function `sub_garbage_coll':
mod_proxy.c:1355: `PATHSIZE' undeclared (first use this function)
mod_proxy.c:1355: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mod_proxy.c:1355: for each function it appears in.)
mod_proxy.c:1375: warning: format argument is not a pointer (arg 3)
mod_proxy.c:1418: warning: format argument is not a pointer (arg 3)
mod_proxy.c:1413: warning: unused variable `newcachedir'
mod_proxy.c:1355: warning: unused variable `cachedir'
mod_proxy.c: In function `cache_check':
mod_proxy.c:1622: warning: empty body in an else-statement
mod_proxy.c: In function `ftp_handler':
mod_proxy.c:2239: warning: `passlen' might be used uninitialized in
this function
mod_proxy.c: At top level:
mod_proxy.c:907: warning: `del_header' defined but not used
*** Error code 1

Stop.

--

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>

    "Right. Fair. Decent. Either the person saying them believes in
     those concepts or not. If not, then those words mean that he's
     got somebody standing behind me with a knife in his hand. And if
     he *does* beleive them, then those words mean I'm going to win."

                                - From _Xenocide_, by Orson Scott Card