httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: ErrorDocuments everywhere?
Date Wed, 27 Mar 1996 22:56:50 GMT
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Mark J Cox wrote:

> Does it matter if you can't override it?  Allow "ErrorDocument" everywhere,
> like "Redirect" and others.

Not true. Redirect and most others are only available if you have the
correct override set, of "Options", "FileInfo", "AuthConfig", and
"Limit". Most of them fall under FileInfo (including Redirect), but
setting "AllowOveride None" will in fact make them not
work.

I too would like to see ErrorDocument usable in .htaccess files. I
vote for FileInfo.

--

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>

    "Right. Fair. Decent. Either the person saying them believes in
     those concepts or not. If not, then those words mean that he's
     got somebody standing behind me with a knife in his hand. And if
     he *does* beleive them, then those words mean I'm going to win."

                                - From _Xenocide_, by Orson Scott Card