httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 26 Mar 1996 19:53:10 GMT
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> This doesn't appear to check for requests matching virtual hosts.

It does. It checks for whatever connection the server received the
request on. You may be misinterpreting the intention of the patch - it
does not use this information to choose a host, but rather to check
against the current one. Being able to switch hosts based on full-URI
requests and Host: headers is something I'm working on, but is not
what this patch does. It just checks to see if the request is for the
server.

> Also, when we finally have the host in the request in one form or another,
> I'd like to be able to redirect requests for anything but the canonical
> hostname.  I.e.  a request for

Right. All this sort of stuff involves actual manipulation based on
the given hostname, which is not what the patch does.

--

Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>

    "Right. Fair. Decent. Either the person saying them believes in
     those concepts or not. If not, then those words mean that he's
     got somebody standing behind me with a knife in his hand. And if
     he *does* beleive them, then those words mean I'm going to win."

                                - From _Xenocide_, by Orson Scott Card