httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: MD5 Digest auth and other things...
Date Sun, 17 Mar 1996 23:56:31 GMT
On Sun, 17 Mar 1996, David Robinson wrote:

> This doesn't make sense; I've _already_ incoperated the RSA code into
> Apache. Why do it twice?

No, I'm not. You included md5c.c and md5.h, which contain generic MD5
code, as they should. The file I included, util_md5 (which I am currently
rewriting using only the RSA code in RFC 1321), contains some code that
uses the functions in md5c.c and md5.h to do some generic things like
make MD5 hashes out of strings and files. It's not duplication.

I hope to have a new version of the modifications available later this
evening. And I may take out the Content-MD5 header stuff. Does anyone see
any real use for this? There isn't any real description I could find
anywhere, save an example in the HTTP 1.1 draft (the actual section on
Content-MD5 is marked "TBS"), so I'm a bit wary of including it. I only
did because NCSA 1.5.1 has it, albiet only active with a #define. We can
always put it back later, yes?

--// Alexei Kosut // <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> // Lefler on IRC --//
-----------------// <http://www.nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us/~akosut> -------//
"To get the full effect of Pat Buchanan's speeches, they should be
read in the original German." //--------------------------------------