httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Obscure MTU problem
Date Tue, 26 Mar 1996 17:15:14 GMT

>   Nope. Win95 clients.
>
> Hmmm... running whose winsock?  [FWIW, PCWeek online reports that

Microsoft's.

> the Microsoft's Win '95 applications rely on several new and undocumented
> features of the Microsoft Winsock, which mean that they don't work at all
> with third-party Winsocks.  It wouldn't surprise me if there were new
> bugs to go along with the new features...]

Do they? Grrrrrk. It may be a bug at the winsock end. One of the things I
forgot to mention before is that I could get a 1500 byte ping to bounce back
OK, which would suggest that everything in the route is working right (well,
sort of). I wonder is MS's PPP has a bug in it...

Cheers,

Ben.

> rst

London, England.