httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Sceduling
Date Sun, 17 Mar 1996 20:11:43 GMT

Warning,

As the URC/IAFA channel was getting seriously I've added the long
overdue queue. Please note that if you send something down into
the process channel: (This mainly due to the heavier free text
indexing.. it takes up to 2 minutes for a 80k html edit file to
have the 100-status code returned to the client).

	- its URN/URC pair will be updated/checkd and go
	  into the mSQL table
	- it will go into the master depository and has
	  the modified stuff set.

	- Connected webbodies, images and shopsigns are
	  processed up to storage.

This implies that a forward to http:/construct/build.pl is
save.

But...
	- the actual dispatching is queued !

unless you (un)set the main::queue flag (see siteinfo.pl). I am
not aware of any scripts which rely on immediate processing, but
I am biased here.

Currently the queue is checked every 15 seconds, and dispatchers
are kicked off every 5 seconds.

Hope this does not break things. We ought to write a real sceduler
at some stage; but I'd hate to reinvent the wheel. There must be
something neat and lightweight we can do with crons/ats.

Dw.