httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: PR & 1.1b1
Date Sun, 17 Mar 1996 19:33:03 GMT

> > Sameer, you are at it again. Stronghold was not the first commercial SSL
> > blah-de-blah. Apache-SSL was (and still is), as you well know. Furthermore,
> > you should also know that you cannot promote Stronghold without giving credit
> > to Apache-SSL, which you seem to be attempting here.
>
> 	sorry, i wasn't attempting that. For one thing, I wanted you
> to add a bit about your stuff. (hence the line about various other
> quotes) also, your product isn't commercial yet.

If by commercial you mean that it costs money, then, of course, mine isn't, and
never will be. If by commercial you mean "can be used for commercial purposes"
(which is what is generally understood, IMHO), then mine is, and always has
been.

I'm happy enough to add something about Apache-SSL, but that does not alter the
fact that you must acknowledge it in promotional material.

> 	that was just a draft, too.

Fair enough. So long as its right in the final version :-)

Cheers,

Ben.

> --
> Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
> Community ConneXion, Inc.			FAX:     510-601-9734
> The Internet Privacy Provider			Dialin:  510-658-6376
> http://www.c2.org/ (or login as "guest")		sameer@c2.org

London, England.