httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: let's see the patches
Date Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:41:24 GMT

> > > cvs server: Updating support
> > > cvs server: cannot open /export/home/cvs/apache/support/.cvsignore,v:
> Permission denied
> > > cvs server: cannot open /export/home/cvs/apache/support/rotatelogs.c,v:
> Permission denied
> > > cvs server: nothing known about support/.cvsignore
> > > P support/Makefile
> > > cvs server: nothing known about support/rotatelogs.c
> >
> > Arggggg sorry - I'll fix it immediately.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Ben.
>
> Can you fix this once and for all. It can be *REALLY* annoying to get
> home in the evening and find that you can't do any work because some
> person in another time zone who's now in bed has locked some of the files.

We can fix it at the repository, I presume, by setting permissions on check in.
Any idea which script needs changing??

I can't really fix it here without breaking other things, which means it would
have to be a manual system, which is what we already have.

I will try to avoid making the mistake in the meantime. It only happens when
I create new files, BTW, so it isn't likely to stop work.

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.