httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ga...@main.slink.com (Garey Smiley)
Subject [Fwd: "Satisfy" directory protection]
Date Wed, 06 Mar 1996 18:29:20 GMT
Dose anyone know a way to emulate this?

=========BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE=========

Does Apache support the new "satisfy" protection tag?  I would like
allow browsers from within my domain unrestricted access to a
directory, while requiring browsers from outside my domain to use a
username/password.

>From the HTTPD documentation:

http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/docs/howto/access_control.html

"In HTTPd 1.5 [beta], access to documents can be controlled in a more
flexible
manner. You can require that users be from certain domains and know a
password, as in the past. In addition, you can now specify that users
be from a certain domain, or know a password. This way local users are
not inconvenienced by having to authorize themselves. Furthermore,
you can use both methods in a particular document tree, using the AND
behavior in some directories, and the OR behavior in others."

Thanks,

JL
-----
John D. Leonard II, Assistant Professor             Phone: 404/894-2360
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering         FAX: 404/894-1742
Georgia Institute of Technology              john.leonard@ce.gatech.edu
Atlanta, GA  30332-0355                    http://traffic.ce.gatech.edu
             PGP Public Key: finger traffic.ce.gatech.edu

=========END FORWARDED MESSAGE=========

Garey Smiley
SoftLink Services
garey@slink.com