httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: SIGPIPE and timeout on Solaris
Date Sun, 31 Mar 1996 14:57:25 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> I've got a problem on this new Solaris machine I just brought up.
> Not sure it 1.1x would show the same problems on other systems or
> not. It does *not* happen on my NetBSD machine.

Not sure if it's related or not, but I've also seen times when a child process
just starts chewing up CPU and refuses to stop until I manually kill it.
The .status page shows it stuck in a Write, but haven't dug into it to
much further... I was planning on doing the following to track it down:

   1. Disable Keepalives
   2. Modify .status to store and display the request being handled and
      the client address to better correlate what's going on (since the
      timestamp is out of phase with what's going on)

At least knowing that's it's stuck in Write gives me a starting point...

Machine: A/UX 3.1.1