httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Per VirtualHost config files
Date Sun, 31 Mar 1996 03:37:20 GMT
To put it in simpler terms, there is already code in the server so that
if the following appears in httpd.conf:

<Virtualhost blah.com>
ResourceConfig blah-conf/srm.conf
</Virtualhost>

then $(SERVERROOT)/blah-conf/srm.conf should be read, and the commands
therein applied to the virtual host configuration of blah.com.  As I
said as well, the same scheme works already for NCSA 1.5.  The Apache
code which does this has not, to my knowledge been tested.  Still,
making existing commands work in new contexts strikes me as a generally
sounder approach than inventing new commands (i.e., make the existing
commands which name config files work in <VirtualHost> sections, rather
than adding a new naming scheme).

rst