httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: Apache web site & Sioux
Date Fri, 29 Mar 1996 14:40:54 GMT

Hi Mark,

the consensus among most (not all) of the Apache developers who
commented on this was that we don't think it is approriate to
add Sioux to the "related projects" list. We want to reserve that
for projects which are tied more closely with Apache, and where the
projects freely exchange code and ideas to enhance both projects.

Sioux is more of a "spin off" project that the Apache project gains
nothing from (we don't get to share your new enhancements). We have
no objections to Sioux using Apache as a base, but we can't be seen
to be endorsing products that borrow unknown parts of our code and
make changes that we can't look over at a source code level.

If you would like to participate in the Apache development project
we can add you to the mailing list (beware it often gets noisy). If
Sioux were to contribute something to Apache's development I'm sure
the group would be more inclined to treat Sioux as a related project.

View raw message