httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache web site & Sioux (fwd)
Date Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:56:37 GMT

> > first they nick your code then they ask for credit :-)
> >
> > If someone else wants to answer it, then feel free, otherwise
> > let me know what I should tell him.
> >
> > My gut feeling is that unless it's free and source is available
> > AND developement is somehow tied in (aka related) to Apache, then
> > it's not suitable for inclusion on the "related project" page.
>
> I agree.

I don't. This company isn't trying to hide the fact that it's based on
Apache, as long as it adheres to the license and publicises the fact that
it's based on Apache then that's good for the project. Add a commercial
projects section to the page of you want to make it clear.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155