httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Virtual Servers and IP aliasing patch for linux 1.2.13 (fwd)
Date Wed, 27 Mar 1996 14:51:04 GMT

no ack sent.

Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 09:39:07 -0500
From: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@postoffice.ptd.net>
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
Subject: Virtual Servers and IP aliasing patch for linux 1.2.13

Ok I know you don't wanna hear this, but I am totally confused.  I have
the IP aliasing patch for linux kernel 1.2.13 from this guy
rsanders@mindspring.com, and altered ifconfig and netstat that is needed
for this patch.  I am running with the Binding option in the httpd.conf
for Apache.  I have 204.86.5.29 as my main IP, and also the address of
my name server.  I am not running primary for my nameserver yet, but the
machines I was trying this on only had my address for my main
nameserver, anyway, I set up a virtual web server on this address
204.186.109.34 for this virtual hostname paradise.xxedgexx.com, and main
webserver address is www.xxedgexx.com and the IP is 204.186.5.29.  Ok
finally to my problem :-)

In netscape I would connect to paradise.xxedgexx.com and the right page
came up, I connected to www.xxedgexx.com and the right page came,
everything seemed fine, but when I cleared my cache in netscape and
connected to paradise.xxedgexx.com, up came the page for
www.xxedgexx.com, and now no matter what address I connect to the
www.xxedgexx.com comes up...so I do not understand what's going wrong.
Do I have somethign setup incorrectly?  I am running a seperate daemon,
and totally seperate configs for both server, it's just that IP aliasing
patch I'm not sure about...please help me out...I haven't heard of this
problem in any of the news groups so I'd appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

Jeremy Hansen
PenTeleData
http://www.xxedgexx.com