httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy.c
Date Wed, 27 Mar 1996 05:39:53 GMT

> The usual solution is to transform filenames into a directory heirarchy (i.e.
> abcde becomes a/b/c/d/e) but this is not going to work with hashed filenames -
> each file will almost inevitably get its own directory. Any thoughts?

	I tried doing this but it was fraught with bugs, and I didn't
have the time to fix it. (Funny how that always seems to happen.)

	My policy was to have a configurable option "DirNameSize",
which would chop up the hased filename according to taht
directive. I.e. DirNameSize five means:
DGFT5/ASCBD/45AED/

	etc. DirNameSize 2 means:
AE/RE/45

	etc.

	Another option is to say CacheDirLevel, where
CacheDirLevel 5 means:
A/B/D/C/EABED

CacheDirLevel 2 means:
A/BABEDA

	etc.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3