httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Sioux (good grief...)
Date Mon, 25 Mar 1996 16:22:04 GMT
Rob T:
> Featuring this acknowledgment any more prominently might verge on the
> sort of commercial use which our license forbids.  As to the text,
> it may be that the wording is *slightly* different from what appears
> in our own legalese, but we'd look pretty foolish trying to contest
> the point).

Well fine.  It just that we do have that magic little phrase in
our licence which includes a sentence of text to be included in
promotional blurb issued with work based on Apache.  But, since we
don't know how Suu'z been designed we're just guessing.

>From their wording I can derive no more than the implication that
they think Apache's pretty cool and they wanted to go one better,
not that they've snaffled huge chunks of the API.

I guess it's nice of them to mention Apache in their press-release,
I'm sure we can do with the publicity, er... *slightly*

> rst

Ay.