httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@originat.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cron <ben@taz> /export/home/ben/bin/taritup (fwd)
Date Sat, 23 Mar 1996 15:40:42 GMT

> > It looks like they were moved from cgi-bin, to cgi-src, which makes
> > sense. Assuming that the move was done correctly (cvs remove / cvs add /
> > cvs commit), it looks like CVS doesn't actually 'rm' the files but instead
> > tell you that they aren't "pertinent" anymore. Non-intuitive, but safe
> > I guess.
>
> It looks like someone has just moved the files by hand. akosut (Is that
> Alexei) is listed in the log, what exactly did you do? I need to know
> before I fix this. I'm granting an amnesty for all previous offences so
> if you've done anything like this tell me now.

I apologise, it doesn't look like they were moved by hand at all, it looks
like they were deleted and added correctly.

I'm still looking into this, my previous warning was worth issuing though
for the future. It's fairly benign but I'm puzzled by it since it hasn't
happened to me but I don't think I've updated this box between the
new files being added and moved.

--
  Paul Richards, Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)