httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: More compiler warnings
Date Fri, 22 Mar 1996 19:13:59 GMT
  If there are missing prototypes they should be found and
  used and if they don't exist at all they should be added in an os specific
  *should* be used.

I agree, of course --- indeed, the note to which you were responding
pointed out that I have already done this for the SunOS/Sun-library
combination (though it can't be compiled in by default because it
breaks SunOS/Gnu-libc).  Why do you think I'd disagree?

  Go take a look at mod_proxy if you want to see how some warnings are
  actually nasty bugs.

Agreed again.  As the note to which you were responding pointed out, I
*do* use it religiously, and it has saved my butt more than once.

Sheesh.

rst