httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: new cgi-bin stuff
Date Tue, 19 Mar 1996 21:46:18 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> If we're revamping the content in the distributed cgi-bin directory, we
> might want to consider throwing in a server-push script, both an NPH and
> non-NPH version, since that's what people seem to have the most trouble
> with judging from the traffic on USENET....

I've got 2 scripts (actually C programs... I tend to keep the term scripts
for Perl) that we could use as a starting point.

The first is a simple animate script, the second one that pulls a
"random" image/file/Location out and displays it. By no means polished
work, but it gets the job done.

If it's OK, I'll 'add' them to apache/cgi-bin and we can pick them
apart :)

Jim Jagielski  << >>   |      "That's a Smith & Wesson,
      Email:          |             - James Bond
++         +++      Voice/Fax: 410-931-7060       ++

View raw message