httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: MD5 Digest auth and other things...
Date Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:30:24 GMT
Last time, Ben Laurie uttered the following other thing:

> > Hi.
> >
> > David Robinson's mod_proxy uses MD5 to generate filenames, and so Apache
> > 1.1 has MD5 code in it currently. So I figured I'd add some more
> > MD5-related things while we were at it. I've uploaded to
> > httpd/incoming/md5.tar several files that add additional MD5-related
> > functionality to Apache:
> >
> > util_md5.c/util_md5.h: This is basically the md5.c file stolen from
> >     NCSA httpd 1.5.1b3 (with proper attribution), modified to use Apache's
> >     memory allocation routines. It has some MD5 utilities (hence the name).
>
> Are we allowed to steal things from NCSA 1.5???

I just talked to Beth, and yes, Apache is allowed to steal whatever they
want from 1.5 as long as its attributed.

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long         "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 HTTPd/SDG/NCSA	  I violated the Communications Decency Act ... or will.