httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: PR & 1.1b1
Date Sun, 17 Mar 1996 14:49:46 GMT
sameer@atropos.c2.org wrote:

> 	I am in serious netscape-competition mode lately. Strange,
> considering that my business is primarily anonymity and privacy
> services, not webservers. sigh. anyway, I think we need to conjure up
> massive publicity if we are going to stay number one. Netscape is
> putting banners ads on all the heavily hit sites. I've drafted a draft
> press release which we can send out when 1.1b1 is publically
> released. Let me know what you think.

Hrmm... I don't know if I'm in the "serious competition" mode with
Apache. I'm not selling it, I'm just using it. I'd rather that it be
small, tight and fast rather than big and feature laden, which seems to
be what's required for "competitive" servers.
++    http://www.jaguNET.com/         +++      Voice/Fax: 410-931-7060       ++