httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: let's see the patches
Date Wed, 13 Mar 1996 16:39:45 GMT
> > Can you fix this once and for all. It can be *REALLY* annoying to get
> > home in the evening and find that you can't do any work because some
> > person in another time zone who's now in bed has locked some of the files.
>
> We can fix it at the repository, I presume, by setting permissions on check
in.
> Any idea which script needs changing??

Not off hand and it's not a good idea unless you know what the perms should
be on each file (They'd probably all be the same to it might work anyway but
then again they might not).

> I can't really fix it here without breaking other things, which means it would
> have to be a manual system, which is what we already have.
>
> I will try to avoid making the mistake in the meantime. It only happens when
> I create new files, BTW, so it isn't likely to stop work.

The problem is you umask, why would it be a problem to change that locally?
You could just write a local wrapper that changed your umask for cvs work or
a wrapper that checked your code before it's committed to make sure it's
group accessible. Whatever, it's a local problem.