httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: let's see the patches
Date Wed, 13 Mar 1996 00:35:23 GMT
rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca wrote:

> > > Yes I'm backwards on this cvs thing but that's something you'll have
> > > to live with, I have no time right now to invest in cvs, others will
> > > be in the same boat.
> >
> > ditto
>
> You can install CVS in about 5 minutes flat.  I don't quite understand
> peoples' reluctance to do so on this list.

Assuming that your machine has RCS and not SCCS, and that your OS is one
of the one's supported directly via CVS and that you already have the GNU
diffutils that you need, then I agree that compiling and installing takes
maybe 5-10 mins.

If any of the above _ain't_ true, then it's gonna take longer.

Then, of course, you gotta learn how to use CVS, then make sure your setup
is correct for remote use (which I haven't been able to do yet), etc...

Maybe, just maybe, some people would like to focus on writing and fixing
code.

Just a thought.
++    http://www.jaguNET.com/         +++      Voice/Fax: 410-931-7060       ++