httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: let's see the patches
Date Tue, 12 Mar 1996 22:13:49 GMT
Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

> I have somewhat automated this formyself, and it was pretty easy.  I'm
> taking a 'cvs update' from hyperreal at 6am, and 6pm everyday by cron.
> Then I tar that same directory to my personal box every 3 hours, so when
> I go home, I'll have the latest copy of hyperreal +/- any changes I have
> made to it.   I don't think it's as hard as people have thought it would be.

Hmmm... well, I'd like to simply be able to start using CVS. I've installed
it here on this end, but have 2 problems:

	1. On hyperreal, I'm told that I lack permissions to
	   update history, so I can't checkout apache
	2. Here, I'm told that when the remore server starts up, that
	   I lack a CVSROOT environmental variable... Of course, I have
	   this set in my .profile, which is doesn't look like
	   rsh reads, so I need to pass this somehow to hyperreal
	   when I access it remotely.

How do others have their remote setups configured? I'm itching to get
started...

++    http://www.jaguNET.com/         +++      Voice/Fax: 410-931-7060       ++