httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Fwd: "Satisfy" directory protection]
Date Fri, 08 Mar 1996 02:21:29 GMT
>   Mmm, I think it can.  However it'd require two modules to share
>   information on the success/failure of phases of the request.
>
> I'm not sure why you say this; perhaps we understand "Satisfy"
> differently.  At any rate, I *think* its effect could be achieved
> by replacing the code from process_request_internal that looks like:

Yep.  There's more than one way to do this.  Taking a step back
and saying "just what is it that we want to do" [rst] is safer and more
understandable than "foo, man we just got to haq this bit here and
boom!" [generic, bored, let's hack].  No contest. (suprise).

Ay.

ps.	if you don't want someone to grief your gear then you
	firewall them right?  In one sense we're into "I'm Apache,
	don't bother me with this OS configuration nonsense, talk
	to your sysadmin", so far as allow/deny is concerned.