httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Just when you thought you were safe
Date Thu, 07 Mar 1996 19:37:25 GMT
   The images are
   repeatedly read from the cache and animated, but are only fetched from
   the HTTP server once.

Of course, if the images are too large to fit in the filesystem disk
cache, they are actually read *from disk* every time.  I know this because
my Netscape disk cache is on an old and somewhat noisy SCSI disk which
sits on my desk, and I can actually hear the thing going "chunka chunka"
as the cogs spin.  Ordinarily, this is just annoying, but with these
particular images, I suppose it could be considered appropriate sound
effects...

rst