httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: slight API change
Date Sat, 02 Mar 1996 17:46:48 GMT

> > As cumbersome as the old method was, at least people were informed when
> > there were patches available and were given the opportunity to test and
> > vote on them before they were committed to the code; Have we stopped this?
>
> We have stopped this for the development branch. As it stands, we intend to
> continue to use the patch and vote system for release branches. When the
> development branch becomes a release candidate, we will vote on _all_ changes
> since the previous release. So, the voting system is not lost, it is merely
> deferred.

Hmm... should we ask to have a patch number included in each of the commit
entries made so we all know what patch we're talking about?   So if you want
to commit a patch, in your log entry, add ( PATCH 1.1b0a - #1234 )  - list of
changes, and other info?

Otherwise how are we going to know which patch we're voting on?

<Aram>
--

			       Aram Mirzadeh
		     awm@qosina.com,awm@hyperreal.com