httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: 1.1b0+ak on Solaris 2.5
Date Sat, 02 Mar 1996 03:15:03 GMT

> I ran 1.1b0+ak on a Solaris 2.5 box with 96 Megs of memory for about
> 24 hours.  With 9 active clients it drove the load to up over 20.
> When I switched back to 1.0.2_patched it handled those same 9 client
> connections with a load average of under 0.5.  Anybody else seen this?

I thought it was me, I have the same thinking running on a linux p100 w/20mb
of ram, only a ppp connection to the web, and 2 people accessing it, mine
killed my cpu.  My load was up to 90 by the time I killed it off.  I've
not put it backup since.  I was playing around with kernel upgrades since
then.  BTW, anyone else running linux, if you're running 1.3.5x or higher
see if apache stays up.  I have received 4-5 bug reports saying that they
had to downgrade back to the stable kernels for it to stay up.

<Aram>

--

			       Aram Mirzadeh
		     awm@qosina.com,awm@hyperreal.com