httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: Patches patched... or something
Date Sat, 02 Mar 1996 02:59:50 GMT
> > Don't you think we should only incorporate the major changes in to the
> > /CHANGES file?  Each small patch should only update the headers of the
> > file they're updating.. no?
>
> Well, here's my point - the way CVS works, each change, even if it applies
> to multiple files, is applied at once. The script that mails changes to
> apache-cvs, for example, mails one email for each commit, no matter how
> many files. That same script could generate a CHANGES file, no?

Hmmm good point.  I thought you only do one change entry per commit that gets
added to a log file somewhere.  This mean if we want it to do the above (ie
entry per patch ) then a commit can't contain more than one patch at a time.
Semi-restrictive, specially since it's on your local system, but I guess we
could live with it.  Anyone have a problem of limiting the number of patches
to one per commit?

--

			       Aram Mirzadeh
		     awm@qosina.com,awm@hyperreal.com