httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sam...@atropos.c2.org
Subject openmarket & FastCGI
Date Sat, 02 Mar 1996 02:26:41 GMT
	Is anyone here familiar with fastcgi? OpenMarket has this
prooposed standard called FastCGI which involves a tcp-based
cgi-interface with a persistent application server to run CGI-type
applications with a webserver.
	They've faxed me an initial overview of the thing, and talked
about a developer's kit. I'm not sure what that entails, I should be
getting more details from them shortly.
	They mentioned IETF, so perhaps those who are going to IETF
next week can look into what they're all about. From what I've read it
certainly seems like a good way to go..
	I'm a bit suspicious of their motives. I am not *very*
familiar with openmarket, but given that they are responsible for a
$5k webserver I'm not sure how their model works with the free apache
model.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3