httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: Patches patched... or something
Date Fri, 01 Mar 1996 17:11:25 GMT
At 08:21 AM 3/1/96 -0800, you wrote:

>Sure. People. But people isn't me. And I refuse to patch a patch to Apache
>that makes it not compile on my system, and probably dozens of others.
>(HP-UX doesn't have <paths.h>, SunOS doesn't have <paths.h>. BSDI and
>Linux do, but at that's only half the systems I have access to.) If you
>want to patch it, or get someone else to patch it, be my guest. But I'll
>just have to remove the line and then the patch will be useless.

Okay, so anything else you put there, that doesn't automaticly compile
on Linux, BSD, and/or SunOS we can veto?  Is this the new rule now?

I'm not going get into an argument here... but as you say USE some
common sense... how would I know what HPUX does, or does not have
and I'm not just including it for my health here.... it's needed.  I tried using
a hardcode approch, but as some other members said ( correctly I might
add ) is that what's the point of removing a hard code for another hard code
so I included paths.h which should point to the right location for each
system.  Now if you say that HP doesn't have paths then PLEASE patch
my patch to where ever you think the TMP variable should point to, or
give me access to your machine, so I can figure out where it goes.

>And as for the log_ignore_cmd patch, there's still, as far as I know,
>Brian's outstanding admonation against including the feature, regardless
>of the patch itself. And the guidlines posted by Paul (yes, I got them)
>say that changes like that should be peer reviewed first. I just didn't
>feel comfortable applying the patch. That's all.

Who the hell made you the king of hill?  To say which patch can and
can't be included.... if you took it upon yourself to include the patches
from the for_apache_.xxxx directory, I don't think that gives you automatic
veto power over any patch you don't like.

<Aram>