httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: Patches patched... or something
Date Fri, 01 Mar 1996 15:12:16 GMT
At 08:07 AM 3/1/96 -0600, you wrote:
>CVS questions:
>
>I have no problem doing a checkout on hyperreal.
>I do have a problem doing the following executed on my machine:
>
>=> cvs -nt -d hyperreal.com:/export/home/cvs checkout apache
> -> Starting server: /usr/local/bin/ssh hyperreal.com cvs server
>Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options] [files...]
>    Where 'cvs-options' are:

I did the same thing, you need to change your patch on hyperreal.
/usr/local/bin should be before /usr/bin.    cvs-1.7 is in local.

>Also, hints/comments on the following.
>
>I would like to be able to checkout the current tree and import it
>into my local CVS database. Being able to then checkout a local
>copy and diff against my local working copy. There are things like
>setuid() changes in my stuff that I would want to keep out of patches
>created to send back to the hyperreal database.

That's how cvs works I belive... I keep a copy of my stuff on my system
if I make a change it will incorporate them into the main tree if I commit
them, and if I do a checkout, it will grab any changes from the tree into
mine.

>Last...
>Would it not be a good idea to create an apache_test branch that
>would allow some of us to fumble without the risk of trashing
>the working branch?  I have visions of greased poles, etc. if I
>pooch the working branch....

I say setup your own... this way you can play with it as much as you
want without destroying anyone else's work