httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <>
Subject Re: Patches patched... or something
Date Fri, 01 Mar 1996 15:12:16 GMT
At 08:07 AM 3/1/96 -0600, you wrote:
>CVS questions:
>I have no problem doing a checkout on hyperreal.
>I do have a problem doing the following executed on my machine:
>=> cvs -nt -d checkout apache
> -> Starting server: /usr/local/bin/ssh cvs server
>Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options] [files...]
>    Where 'cvs-options' are:

I did the same thing, you need to change your patch on hyperreal.
/usr/local/bin should be before /usr/bin.    cvs-1.7 is in local.

>Also, hints/comments on the following.
>I would like to be able to checkout the current tree and import it
>into my local CVS database. Being able to then checkout a local
>copy and diff against my local working copy. There are things like
>setuid() changes in my stuff that I would want to keep out of patches
>created to send back to the hyperreal database.

That's how cvs works I belive... I keep a copy of my stuff on my system
if I make a change it will incorporate them into the main tree if I commit
them, and if I do a checkout, it will grab any changes from the tree into

>Would it not be a good idea to create an apache_test branch that
>would allow some of us to fumble without the risk of trashing
>the working branch?  I have visions of greased poles, etc. if I
>pooch the working branch....

I say setup your own... this way you can play with it as much as you
want without destroying anyone else's work

Aram W. Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corporation,
Apache httpd server team

View raw message