httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: Patches patched... or something
Date Fri, 01 Mar 1996 14:21:31 GMT
At 09:01 PM 2/29/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Okay.
>
>I've commited to the CVS repository the following patches: 56b, 78b, 15b,
>106, 107, 108c, 109, 110a, 111a, 112b, 113, 114, 116, 117, 118, as well as
>the new version of mod_imap.c (patched by me to work with 110), mod_env.c
>0.0.5, and I dumped in the cgi-src from NCSA httpd 1.5.1b3 completely,
>including the IBM-ERS stuff. I did not patch in 104c.htlock.patch, because
>it still #includes <path.h>, which HP-UX at least does not have, or
>115.log_ignore_host.patch, which I'm still not sure if Roy/Brian likes,
>plus apparently it has some problems with 110 and mod_log_config.

TIMEOUT! I thought the whole point of going to cvs was that people could
do the patches... now if it doesn't work for your system, patch the patch!!!
What's the point of not patching it?  So someone else can guess what
your system has, and doesn't have?  ( Sorry I don't mean to be rude or
anything, but COMEON!)