httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Patches patched... or something
Date Fri, 01 Mar 1996 14:07:35 GMT

> I agree that the version should say 1.1-dev. We also need to add Id lines to
> all the files so that RCS version numbering is visible in them. I'd leave
> the SERVER_VERSION string at 1.1-dev until such time as we move into
> a beta cycle and date stamp snapshots as I mentioned in previous mail (did
> people get that, never saw any folloups).

Got it. Seems fine. (I'm one of the swamped ones....)

CVS questions:

I have no problem doing a checkout on hyperreal.
I do have a problem doing the following executed on my machine:

=> cvs -nt -d hyperreal.com:/export/home/cvs checkout apache
 -> Starting server: /usr/local/bin/ssh hyperreal.com cvs server
Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options] [files...]
    Where 'cvs-options' are:

    and where 'command' is:

cvs [checkout aborted]: premature end of file from server

Ideas? The ssh succeeds. Attempting to run 'cvs server' on
hyperreal just hangs.

Also, hints/comments on the following.

I would like to be able to checkout the current tree and import it
into my local CVS database. Being able to then checkout a local
copy and diff against my local working copy. There are things like
setuid() changes in my stuff that I would want to keep out of patches
created to send back to the hyperreal database.

Last...
Would it not be a good idea to create an apache_test branch that
would allow some of us to fumble without the risk of trashing
the working branch?  I have visions of greased poles, etc. if I
pooch the working branch....