httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: Doh, now look what's happened...
Date Mon, 12 Feb 1996 18:12:00 GMT

Brian wrote:
>I don't think the content of the "ReadmeName" and "HeaderName" files
>should be escaped in mod_dir.c.  I'm willing to let it go this time and not
>veto the patch, but I hope a fix to that can be worked out next round.
>I know I use HTML in them.

RTFM 8-)

 David.

HeaderName

Syntax: HeaderName filename
Context: server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess
Override: Indexes
Module: mod_dir

The HeaderName directive sets the name of the file that will be inserted at the
top of the index listing. Filename is the name of the file to include, and is
taken to be relative to the directory being indexed. The server first attempts
to include filename.html as an HTML document, otherwise it will include
filename as plain text. Example:

       HeaderName HEADER

when indexing the directory /web, the server will first look for the HTML file
/web/HEADER.html and include it if found, otherwise it will include the plain
text file /web/HEADER, if it exists.

See also ReadmeName.

ReadmeName

Syntax: ReadmeName filename
Context: server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess
Override: Indexes
Module: mod_dir

The ReadmeName directive sets the name of the file that will be appended to the
end of the index listing. Filename is the name of the file to include, and is
taken to be relative to the directory being indexed. The server first attempts
to include filename.html as an HTML document, otherwise it will include
filename as plain text. Example:

       ReadmeName README

when indexing the directory /web, the server will first look for the HTML file
/web/README.html and include it if found, otherwise it will include the plain
text file /web/README, if it exists.

See also HeaderName.