httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: Last call for patches
Date Fri, 09 Feb 1996 10:37:00 GMT
>Patch 90f (those letters are getting up there) has been put in
>httpd/patches/for_Apache_1.0.2 (Brian gave me a hyperreal account - wasn't
>that nice of him?). It seems to work. Yipee.

Does your patch move the user and auth_type variables from conn_rec
to request_rec? Also, you should allocate and destroy a new sub-pool for each
request. (This tidies up not just memory, but file descriptors, child processes
etc.)

Finally, if this Apache is released with this feature any time soon, then
it must be possible for the user to disable it. Relying on second-guessing all
the bugs in the netscape implementation is a really bad plan.

 David.