httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Votes, and 1.0.3?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 1996 07:02:35 GMT
On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Alexei Kosut wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>
> > We make an announcement which mentions *both* as now available - billing
> > 1.0.3 as the maintenance/stability release and 1.1b0 as the experimental
> > release.  I think it's unfair for people who want some of the bugfixes to
> > also have to gamble on possibly new bugs from the new functionality.
> >
> > What do people think?  I don't see this as representing a significant
> > amount of new work for the release builder.
>
> (that being me), I don't have a problem with that. We just need to agree
> on which patches to put in 1.0.3. I think David's list was a good one.
> Yours seems a bit broad - some of the ones you mentioned I don't think
> I'd call bug fixes. 86, for example.

I consider the scoreboard in the /tmp file to be a bug :)  but I'll go
along with that.

> Nonetheless, I think releasing 1.1b1 (b0? What does that mean) as soon as
> its built would be a bad idea. No doubt there are some things that need to
> be fixed (in fact, there are several already) in the new features that we
> may want to deal with, whereas we may want 1.0.3 to be put out right
> away. *shrug*

I was thinking it might be a good idea for some of the binaries to be
updated to 1.0.3, and it'd definitely be a good idea to post something to
apache-announce about 1.0.3 and if we're comfortable, 1.1b0, with heavy
caveats about new feature stability.  But seeing the posts about things
in the proxy code that Roy doesn't want public until they are fixed, I
can go along with keeping 1.1 private until after the next round.

	Brian