httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: votes on 1.0.2
Date Sun, 11 Feb 1996 21:55:58 GMT
On Sun, 11 Feb 1996, Alexei Kosut wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > 82.setsockopt_next	+1
> > 	This patch, coupled with 99 will need some work by whomever
> > 	does the release if they both make it in.
>
> Mrph. Anyone know exactly what needs to be done? If someone will show me
> a modified version of 82 or 99 that lets them both patch together, I'll
> change my -1 of 99 to a +1.

Remember the note in my message - it's not clear to me that the changes
need to be restricted only to NeXT.  I tried it on BSDI and it appeared
to work.  Could others try this too on different platforms?

> > 92.alias_htaccess.patch 0
> > 	It seems that a user could do Bad Things (tm) to the server
> > 	by setting a Redirect to the same URL. This patch does not
> > 	check for this case and probably should?
>
> Maybe. It's an external redirect, not an internal one, so presumably the
> user will get fed up at some point waiting. Besides, they could do the
> same exact thing with an asis file or a CGI script.

Right, "give them enough rope..." :)

I think someone more comfortable with complexity or number theory could
show why it would be impossible to "catch" any case of infinite referral,
unless the client somehow was able to commuicate to the server the
referral iteration it was on...

	Brian