httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: announce 1.0.2
Date Tue, 06 Feb 1996 11:58:20 GMT
On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> Brian may still be recovering from a plane trip to Boston (or catching
> up on email after that).

Catching up on email, and work, and everything - I'm grateful to Rob Hartill
for stepping in as patch poobah and the rest of the team for pulling out
another release.  I literally had not read my apache mailbox since before the
28th or so.  I apologize to the group.

> Still, shouldn't we at least all be running
> this build ourselves, as a sanity check, before it gets loosed on the
> outside world?  [And as soon as possible after that... I see no reason
> whatever not to put it out within 48 hours; it's just a matter of making
> sure that all the patches really got in, and we aren't shipping anyone's
> .newsrc...]

Sounds like there were still a couple killer bugs in 1.0.2 (cookie
problems, etc?)  If we could knock out a 1.0.3 with the bug fixes in the
next few days, great, leaving all the functionality to 1.1b0... the
apache-announce mailing list could certainly use something to chomp at.

BTW, I finally pulled together the 6 submissions I got for commercial
apache support, at http://www.apache.org/comsupport.html.  It's not very
pretty or thick, it could probably use a few more entries.  Does anyone
else here want to be listed on it?  Two of the six being from Ottowa is
just too funny.

Also, the rapid pace of development and bugfixing is great, but you're
making my life as a book-chapter-or-two-on-apache-installation-and-
maintenance very difficult!  :)

	Brian