httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: New 110a.buff.patch
Date Fri, 23 Feb 1996 20:38:44 GMT
On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> Great. Just what I needed.
>
> ...but

This is what I get for forgetting to try compiling servers before I
upload them, I guess. However, I checked, and I got the patches exactly
right. 104b is just screwed up. I get the same results as you do. (well,
I'm using gcc, so the error codes are different, but they mean the same
thing).

> cpp: "httpd.h", line 61: error 4036: Can't open include file 'paths.h'.

I've never heard of such a thing. Maybe an #ifdef for those systems that
have it.

> cpp: "http_main.c", line 1313: error 4033: Missing #endif at end of file.

Stick an #endif after #define DEFAULT_TMPLOC _PATH_VARTMP in httpd.h. But
this was in the actual patch - not my fault.

Aram, I'm curious to know if you even tested this patch before uploading
it. Unless you have a *very* forgiving cpp on your system, that error
never should have compiled. At any rate, this patch needs to be redone,
to fix those two things.