httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Apache 1.0.3 and 1.1b0
Date Sun, 18 Feb 1996 23:47:03 GMT
On Sun, 18 Feb 1996, Paul Richards wrote:

> Feel free to bring the head up to date. I'd recommend commiting the patches
> one at a time so we have an individual record for each patch.

I'm not sure this is a good idea. For one thing, it might make the CVS
version and the actual released version different. Some of the patches
required slight changes to apply, and in addition, I made modifications
to a number of files not covered by the patches (the conf-dist files,
CHANGES, Configuration, etc...), which might get lost if the patches were
applied to an older version.

I'd submit that it just makes more sense to just stick in the whole thing
as is.