httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Votes, and 1.0.3?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 1996 04:07:31 GMT
On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> We make an announcement which mentions *both* as now available - billing
> 1.0.3 as the maintenance/stability release and 1.1b0 as the experimental
> release.  I think it's unfair for people who want some of the bugfixes to
> also have to gamble on possibly new bugs from the new functionality.
>
> What do people think?  I don't see this as representing a significant
> amount of new work for the release builder.

(that being me), I don't have a problem with that. We just need to agree
on which patches to put in 1.0.3. I think David's list was a good one.
Yours seems a bit broad - some of the ones you mentioned I don't think
I'd call bug fixes. 86, for example.

Nonetheless, I think releasing 1.1b1 (b0? What does that mean) as soon as
its built would be a bad idea. No doubt there are some things that need to
be fixed (in fact, there are several already) in the new features that we
may want to deal with, whereas we may want 1.0.3 to be put out right
away. *shrug*

At any rate, since it'd be easier to build 1.0.3 first, then 1.1b1 on top
of that, I'll wait for a decision to be made before I do either. Heck, I
still have until tomorrow, officially :)