httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: vote update
Date Wed, 14 Feb 1996 07:11:16 GMT
On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, David Robinson wrote:

> The other change was to add #include <utime.h>

However, I don't think that's it *grin*. BTW, I did find out something -
removing the -O2 from Configuration causes it to work (I think this is why
it had worked last time - it wasn't optimized). But that still means
something's wrong, so...

> Hmm, this looks as though something is overwriting that stack; clearly
> 0x46464646 is not likely to be a real address, and url and proxyhost
> are clearly bad.

Yes.

> I suspect the line it was breaking on is
>     cache = c->fp;
>
> I Suggest you try single stepping it with gdb from the start of http_handler
> until the stack gets trashed (watch the value of 'c')

Almost. Here's part of a single-step through http_handler, keeping an eye
on the value of url:

(gdb) step
2581        for (i=0; i < len; i++)
(gdb) print url
$9 = 0x40022d60 "/"
(gdb) step
2583            if (hdr[i].value[0] == '\0') continue;
(gdb) print url
$10 = 0x6800 " and an optional value to pass to CGI."

Obviously, something bad happens in there. But for the life of me I have
no clue what. The string happens to be from mod_env.c, but even if you
remove that module, it just picks a string from somewhere else (not
surprising, actually).