httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: new #23
Date Tue, 13 Feb 1996 06:30:45 GMT
On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> The difference is that now there's a comment in "Configuration" to
> ask people to compile with -DNO_MMAP if their OS barfs even when we
> think it should be okay (e.g. Alexei's HPsUX compared to mine).

I'll +0 this, (although it's not tested, but if that's the only change,
I'll assume it works), but I wonder... if it's able to fail gracefully and
tell the user "mmap error", why the heck can't it just recover even *more*
gracefully and use the darn scoreboard file without even bothering to tell
the user it couldn't mmap (or maybe log it to error_log or somewheres).

Did I miss something there?