httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Last call for patches
Date Fri, 09 Feb 1996 10:14:55 GMT
On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Hmmm, nothin like experimentation.  Did you try "Warning: your browser
> *really* sucks"?

I tried everything :)

> I'll bet it is a global variable that gets set by the amount of data
> on the first read (i.e., the headers) and doesn't get reset before
> the next one.  Either that, or they are reading the entire file in one
> read and just forgetting to check the rest of the buffer (post-header
> processing) before trying to do another blocking read.  I wonder what
> would happen if you did a flush after sending the headers and
> before sending the data?  Maybe with a delay in between?

Wow... you're a genius. Can I say that? Anyhow, I went and added a
fflush() to the end of send_http_header(), and viola, it works. Without
header or size manipulation, nor user-agent checking either.

Patch 90f (those letters are getting up there) has been put in
httpd/patches/for_Apache_1.0.2 (Brian gave me a hyperreal account - wasn't
that nice of him?). It seems to work. Yipee.