httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: read-only CVS acct on hyperreal?
Date Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:50:09 GMT
> I see no reason for one anyway. You *need* an account on hyperreal to use
> cvs even if you do it remotely and I don't envisage large numbers of
> cvs committers anyway. More or less it will be those who had hyperreal
> accounts for Apache development anyway.

With ssh I don't think you *need* an account to use cvs.  You just
need to have your host's authentication key known to the hypperreal
server.  What I am not sure about is how to tell ssh that certain
hosts are only to be granted cvs checkout access.

I don't do much development on the server, but I do occasionally go
chasing after a bug.  I would love to be able to checkout the
current version.  With cvs, all I would need to do would be to
run cvs update in my working directory every now and then and only the
changes will be sent to me each time.  Building full distributions
and sticking them in an ftp dir is extremely primitive and would be
a real pain to deal with.

--
Rasmus Lerdorf
rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca