httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: CVS
Date Mon, 26 Feb 1996 19:08:39 GMT

> Is anonymous read-only CVS available?  I do some occasional
> playing around with the code and I am very comfortable using
> CVS.  Being able to cvs diff against an up-to-date development
> version would be extremely helpful.

Some people seem to think this is a bad idea, but I really can't see the
problem. There is a small problem about logging, but I'm sure that can easily
be fixed. There is no need to log read only accesses. Some say there are better
tools, but if you happen to have CVS and don't happen to have the better tools,
which aren't implemented anyway, then I guess CVS is the tool for the job.

Whatever happens, it is definitely to everyone's benefit to have some method
to get up-to-date. If not this method, how are we going to do it?

I guess it all depends on whether Brian is prepared to allow a public (or
semi-public) read-only login for CVS access. Brian?

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.