httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: modules & binaries
Date Thu, 22 Feb 1996 16:55:42 GMT

> >Is there anyway to find out which modules have been used in a binary?  If not
> >should we add one in... maybe a runtime switch or at startup, stating such
> >and such modules are active?!  And possibly at a later date, be able to
> >disable them from httpd.conf?
>
> I've suggested this before; there should be space in the module structure
> for the module name, and a command line option to list the modules.

That would be cool, though there is a standard scheme for including a string
in each file which can then be picked up from the executable. This would cover
all files instead of just the modules. The string usually includes the file
version number, which will be handy with CVS.

Being able to switch them off at runtime would be good, tho...

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.